Crazy BIG! The Walt Disney Company is one of the largest media and entertainment companies globally and has a market valuation of over $155B, which makes the most valuable creators of content and entertainment in the world with no signs of growth slowing any time soon.
However, even holding the distinction of leading that category when you put Walt Disney Company into perspective against the technology “100 lbs gorilla” in the market, such as Google and Apple, they are actually a smaller player when you compare line-by-line net income and revenue.
Walt Disney Company Subsidiaries
The Walt Disney Company includes a vast number of Disney-branded subsidiaries significant ownership shares in other entertainment assets.
- Walt Disney Studios (Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, Touchstone Pictures)
- Walt Disney Parks and Resorts (Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disneyland Paris, Shanghai Disney Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Hong Kong Disneyland, Disney Cruise Lines, Disney Vacation Club)
- Disney-ABC Television Group (ABC Entertainment Group, Disney Channel, Disney XD, Disney Junior, Freeform)
- Disney Music Group (Walt Disney Records, Hollywood Records labels, Disney Music Publishing)
- The Disney Theatrical Group (Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice, Disney Live!)
- Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (Disney Licensing, Disney Store, Disney Publishing Worldwide, Disney Games and Interactive Experiences)
- ESPN – 80%
- A+E Networks – 50% (A&E Network, History Network, Blaze, Lifetime Entertainment)
- Hulu – 30%
- Disney+ (Disney’s New Streaming Service Launching Late 2019)
21st Century Fox Acquisition
The Walt Disney Company, during the time of this post, is working on finalizing the purchase of a majority of the entertainment assets of 21st Century Fox. This acquisition will add the following:
- 20th Century Fox Film
- 20th Century Fox Television
- Fox Searchlight
- Fox 2000
- Fox 21 Television Studios
- Blue Sky Animation
- Fox Next
- Fox Networks Group
- FX Networks and Productions
- National Geographic
- Shares in the Endemol Shine Group
Have a pressing question about Disney we could answer?
Leave a comment below and let us know.