Disney Adulting nominated for the Liebster Award 2017
There’s nothing better than returning fresh from a trip to Disneyland, than finding something exciting in your inbox. I’m excited to announce that Disney Adulting has received a Liebster Award and we couldn’t be more humbled that other enjoy visiting the happiest blog on the interwebs for grown-ups.
Disney Adulting was nominated by Disney Trivia Blog (www.disneytriviablog.com) – a Disney fan blog that’s jam-packed with Disney facts, history and tips. (I especially love their “Walt Disney Wednesday” content featuring faces about the man behind the mouse, Walt Disney.) Special thanks to Disney Trivia Blog for their nomination.
What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award is an online recognition given to bloggers by other bloggers to recognize appreciation for their content, niche, and style. “Liebster” is a German word meaning dearest or beloved. The award is intended to highlight and credit up-and-coming blogs within the online blogging community.
Rules of a Liebster Award
- Thank the person who nominated you and share a link to their blog.
- Display the award on your blog – by including it in your post or featuring the image.
- Write a 150-300 word post about your favorite blog (not your own). Explain why this blog is your favorite and provide a link.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions from your nominator.
- Nominate 5-10 blogs that you feel deserve the recognition of the Liebster, who have less than 200 followers.
- Ask your nominees questions of your own.
- List these rules in your post.
- Once you have written and published it, inform the nominees that they have been nominated and provide a link to your post so that they can learn about the award.
Disney Adulting’s Favorite Blogs
I have too many to select just one favorite! Here are a few of the blogs that I enjoy reading and would recommend to anyone who loves Disney as much as I do.
- The Disney Food Blog (http://www.disneyfoodblog.com) – My inner fat kid rejoices every time this blog posts new content. From the sweet treats, Mickey-shaped sustenance, savory entrees and restaurant reviews, this blog will keep your mouth watering for another Disney trip. Disney Food Blog author, AJ Wolfe, has been providing Disney food, restaurant and review since 2009 and has created one of the unofficial Disney authorities on all things to please your taste buds via Disney. One of the highlights of the blog is an extensive list of Disney recipes that feature everything from the Apple Butter Cake to the ever-famous Monte Cristo Sandwich.
- Disney Pins Blog (https://disneypinsblog.com) – If you love pins as much as I do, then you’ll enjoy the Disney Pins Blog. Established in 2013, this blog is the authority on all the latest news and events related to the Disney Pin community. If the blog content wasn’t already extensive and regularly posted, they also host the DPB Podcast, forums, events, giveaways and operate a storefront. There’s enough on this blog to keep Disney Pin lovers engaged for days. Not yet a Disney Pin collector? Then we recommend starting with Disney Pins Blog’s guide on Pin Trading 101 where you’ll learn all about etiquette, lingo, pricing, pin types and more.
- Imagineering Disney (http://www.imagineeringdisney.com) – Not only is this blog artfully designed, it’s full of amazing content produced by people who have at one time worked for the Walt Disney Company. This unofficial Disney blog explores Walt Disney Imagineering and the Disney parks of yesterday and today. One of the highlights of the blog is the “Then and Now” section featuring photos from history side-by-side photos from today – many of which feature the man behind the mouse, Walt Disney. A nice bonus to the blog, especially for those who love the retro-feel of the graphic design used on the site, is the souvenir shop featuring wearables, original collectibles and more.
- Disney in your Day (http://www.disneyinyourday.com) – The cheerful energy in this blog is as delightful as the content informative. Becky has blended her passion for Disney with insightful ways to incorporate it into your daily life. One of the highlights of Disney in your Day is Becky’s Disney Bucket List, where she has outlined her personal “must-do’s” and actively checks them off one-by-one. (We certainly hope that she’ll reach out to us for #30 “Attend Dapper Day” so we can meet up for some amazing photos together.) Another excellent highlight of Disney in your Day is the Subscription Box reviews. If you were ever on the fence about ordering one or decide which one to order, this is the guide you should read before you make your choice.
- Disney Hipster Blog (http://www.disneyhipsters.com) – We love Disney couples and Adam and Andrew are a dose of tongue-in-cheek Disney fun with a heaping teaspoon of sugar. The highlight of their blog, isn’t actually their blog, but their Disney Hipster Podcast (which is not currently being updated – congrats on becoming parents) that is stocked with 154 episodes. One of our favorite things on their blog are all the amazing photos! Snapped in a square format they are a window into the “day-in-the-life” Disney Hipster style. Not to mention, their fun photos also fuel one of the most adorable Instagram feeds you’ll ever follow.
10 Random Facts About Disney Adulting
- My first and second Disney trips were during Christmas time and I had no idea what the park actually looked like undecorated until I returned as an adult.
- Confession: I hate it’s a small world and only agree to ride it once per trip with new people I’m traveling with to Disney.
- I have experienced Club 33 in Disneyland and celebrated my birthday with friends most recently.
- Dapper Day is my favorite unofficial Disney day because of how amazing everyone in the park looks all dressed up.
- I collect Disney ears and have well over a dozen in my collection including Disneyland 60th Anniversary Diamond Celebration Limited Crystal Headband Minnie Mouse Ears and the Disneyland Club 33 Mickey Mouse Ears.
- My favorite Disney character is Bagheera from Disney’s The Jungle Book.
- I have cosplayed as Bucky Barnes, the Winter Soldier, at Mickey’s Halloween Party in Disneyland.
- My husband proposed in Disneyland, we honeymooned in Walt Disney World and someday we hope to renew our vows.
- I love staying on Disney property – my favorite resorts are The Grand Californian (Disneyland) and The Contemporary Resort (Walt Disney World).
- I can’t get enough Dole Whip, seriously, why is that stuff so dang addicting!?
Questions from Disney Trivia Blog
1. What made you want to start your blog?
I’ve always had a passion for all things Disney and am known in my network for being the go-to-authority on planning a Disney trip, confirming Disney rumors or gaining insights about the latest film. Over the years, one of the most common questions I heard was, “isn’t Disney really just for the kids?” It was after almost a decade of answering this question that I decided that there wasn’t enough content about Disney from the adult-only perspective and thus, Disney Adulting was launched.
2. What inspires you daily?
I’m a marketing professional by trade and spend the majority of my day surrounded by some of the top creative talents in the software industry. It’s hard not to be inspired by association, but when I find myself dragging in the creative space personally, I seek out things to enlighten my senses – music, movies, nature, exercise – anything that gets my brain and body into action.
3. What is your favorite hobby (when not blogging)?
When I’m not blogging, I spend my spare time exploring new recipe modification in my kitchen (gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free, low-carb), taking photos with my Canon (retired professional photographer), gaming (PC mostly, but some console) or just relaxing with the love-of-my-life Eli.
4. Where is the number one place you would like to visit in the world?
My husband Eli and I have been dreaming about doing an Asia Disney tour – Shanghai, Hong Kong and Tokyo.
5. Where is a place that you have already been but would go back in a heartbeat?
Obviously, Disneyland or Walt Disney World! However, a non-Disney location I’d love to return to would be Maui, Hawaii. I understand Moana’s desire to be in the ocean and would spend all my time surfing or snorkeling in the beautiful Pacific Ocean.
6. What is your favorite Disney Parks attraction?
I will always love Pirates of the Caribbean at Disneyland. The nostalgia and history of the ride is something that will always be special to me.
Disney Adulting’s Nominations for The Liebster Awards
- Beered Adventures (https://www.beerdedadventures.com) – Beer and Adventures, where do we sign up? We love the energy of CJ and Faith (and their Disney-named pups, Baloo & Zero) as they share travel, adventure, and drinking tips. (Bonus: They adventure in Disney from time-to-time.)
- Word of Mouse (https://wordofmousewdw.blog) – Who doesn’t love a Disney couple!? Jennifer and Chad are the authors of one our favorite up-and-coming blogs, Word of Mouse. They share a fresh perspective on all things Disney as a couple who found the magic of Disney in adulthood.
- MouSeekers (https://www.themouseekers.com) – We dig the regular content shared by Kasi of MouSeekers especially because (much like Disney Adulting) she doesn’t live in CA or FL and is still a force to be reckoned with when it comes to her knowledge about Disney Parks.
- Adventures of a Disney Nerd Blog (https://www.disneynerdtips.com) – Yay for Disney nerds! This is a spirited blog with some great Disney World tips, tricks, and reviews from a Florida-local Disney “nerd” that we just can’t stop
- Lessons from the Mouse (https://lessonsfromthemouse.wordpress.com) – In this miss-mash of self-help from the Disney perspective and the Walt Disney World experience, you’ll find this blog to be both informative and enlightening.
- Mouse Hacking (https://www.mousehacking.com) – Disney couples are our favorite! In this blog, Ken and Em, share their expert tips on how to travel Disney by maximizing the value of your trip within your budget through points, discounts and booking at the right time of year.
- FlipFlopWeekend (https://www.flipflopweekend.com) – Who doesn’t live for the weekend? If you are planning a vacation to Walt Disney World, FlipFlopWeekend is a great blog to read for guidance because it’s the perfect blend of Walt Disney World and Central Florida information. There’s even a bonus section with some pretty yummy recipes.
Questions for Nominees
- Why did you start your blog?
- What is your most prized possession?
- What is the most delicious food you have ever eaten?
- What is your favorite post that you’ve written? (Please provide a link.)
- Who is your favorite travel companion?
- Which Disney character best defines you and why?
- If there were no limitations (budget, time, etc.) what would the most amazing day at your favorite Disney Park look like?
Are you a blogger and have received a Liebster?
Leave a comment below and share your blog with us.